This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: native Linux userland in Windows 10
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 19:37:13 +0200
- Subject: Re: native Linux userland in Windows 10
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <70rpgbh81o3fkrdgh8ldh2hmon25ihnr1s at 4ax dot com> <570CF112 dot 6060405 at gmail dot com> <20160412134132 dot GP9870 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <f56f65b748e89d00723d1a3aa0b5535a at www dot ds dot net>
> I don't think I'll count on Microsoft to maintain a usable Bash shell
> without twerping it in some fashion so it becomes incompatible (like
> they tried with numerous other products they "adopted"). The comment
> on Greeks and gifts is right on target.
Maybe you didn't read the announcement, but it's a stock Ubuntu bash
from Canonical running on a WinNT kernel subsystem aka "Personality"
that provides a Linux userspace API.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
SD adaptation for Waldorf rackAttack V1.04R1:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple