This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Permissions change concern
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Eliot Moss <moss at cs dot umass dot edu>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 16:53:56 +0300
- Subject: Re: Permissions change concern
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5712F224 dot 7070308 at cs dot umass dot edu> <20160418101803 dot GM24565 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <5714DDA9 dot 3030002 at cs dot umass dot edu>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Eliot Moss!
> 1) If a directory says:
> and my umask is 022
> when I create a new file by "echo test > foo.bar", foo.bar's
> perms are 644, not the 755 I would expect.
Why? I'm totally expecting 644 on a FILE.
+x never set by default for files.
> 2) If the directory has g+s set (visible from -s- in the flags shown
> by getfacl), the directory's group is Cygwin, and my primary group is moss,
> then the file gets created with group moss, not group Cygwin (which is
> what g+s is supposed to mean, right?)
If "Cygwin" group is part of your token, I would expect Cygwin too, in this
With best regards,
Monday, April 18, 2016 16:51:43
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple