This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin/X windowed single window mode not working properly on Windows 10
- From: Yos T <yos dot t dot zz at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 17:01:36 +0200
- Subject: Re: Cygwin/X windowed single window mode not working properly on Windows 10
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CABGn8NG85XV0A_VROCb4QEJtixEQEa=8Qy9Jqm2q2th42hfatQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <57176E71 dot 6090306 at dronecode dot org dot uk>
Thank you Jon.
With the '-engine 1' option it works ok.
My graphics drivers are up to date, so I have no clue what causes this behavior.
On 4/20/16, Jon Turney <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 19/04/2016 10:13, Yos T wrote:
>> Recently I upgraded from Win8 to Win10. I used to run Cygwin/X with a
>> window manager (dwm) without any problems.
>> After the upgrade this did not work properly anymore. I can still run
>> the X server and dwm starts as expected. However the window does not
>> seem to be refreshing/ repainting correctly. Nothing appears when I
>> start an xterm and type something. When I move the mouse around and
>> click a bit, parts of the screen update and I see the xterm and the
>> commands I typed.
>> I tried a different window manger and no window manager, but just an
>> xterm, all with the same behavior.
>> When I run xterm in multiwindow mode it works as expected.
>> When I run in fullscreen mode (single window) everything also works as
>> I tried the Cygwin 64 bit version, it works in the same way.
>> Any ideas what could cause this?
> This is pretty odd.
> You might try looking for updates for your display driver.
> Failing that, do things work correctly if you add the '-engine 1'
> Xserver option?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple