This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: git and absolute Windows-style paths
- From: silverwind <silv3rwind at gmail dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 17:44:47 +0200
- Subject: Re: git and absolute Windows-style paths
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <57169662 dot 9060503 at gmail dot com> <e8b47924c6ff4f07993627dbb26f7066 at ntmaexbe04 dot bedford dot progress dot com>
Does it work if you do:
git add c:/test/file
Nope, won't work either. No file is added, exit code 0 is given.
> I can't immediately see what's going wrong, so I'm going to report
Thanks. I came upon this issue through npm which is using these Windows
paths for certain git operations. Unfortunately, The npm team is very
reluctant when it comes to merging Cygwin-specific patches, so chances
of landing a fix on their side are rather slim.
Is there a public repository for the git package used by Cygwin?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple