This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: unison-2.48.3-1 cannot sync to a server running unison2.48.3 (ocaml 4.02)
- From: Andrew Schulman <schulman dot andrew at epa dot gov>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 16:38:29 -0400
- Subject: Re: unison-2.48.3-1 cannot sync to a server running unison2.48.3 (ocaml 4.02)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5717C4F8 dot 8070803 at crimer dot de>
> unison 2.48.3-1 crashes while trying to sync single files to my server.
> The server is running unison 2.48.3 compiled against ocaml 4.02.
> I think this might be an issue with ocaml 4.01 and 4.02 binary
> incompability. (
> http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.network.unison.general/month=20150801 )
> I used a precomiled version of unison 2.48.3 compiled against ocaml 4.02
> from here ( https://www.irif.univ-paris-diderot.fr/~vouillon//unison/ ).
> With this version the sync finished with success.
> Could you please provide a unison version wich is compiled against ocaml
Sure! Thanks for reporting that. I'm still using earlier versions myself,
so I hadn't noticed it.
I'll post a new test release in the next day or so, for you to try.
I'm glad to know people are using Unison! For myself, I use it every day to
keep 5 hosts in sync. It's a basic part of my daily workflow.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple