This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: httpd/sshd will not start due to "failed to create proxy mutex" error
- From: Matt Gregory <mgregory22 at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 19:18:21 -0400
- Subject: Re: httpd/sshd will not start due to "failed to create proxy mutex" error
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA+OMFi_g3Vrj3JFzBxcu_dLLt9E1Tyzh2Yop1tqBaOy5_S-ztA at mail dot gmail dot com>
I fixed it! I don't know if the fix is any good, but the server
starts and serves pages. The key was this Mutex directive:
I wound up adding this to my httpd.conf:
> Mutex posixsem proxy
I don't know if "posixsem" is the right choice, but it seems to work.
All of the choices have warnings that make them all sound horrible:
dizzyness, depression, erectile dysfunction...but we're going to try
this. I'm just developing on my local system, anyway.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple