This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Post install script zp_texlive_finish.dash of TeX Live-update fails
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 16:37:57 -0400
- Subject: Re: Post install script zp_texlive_finish.dash of TeX Live-update fails
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <36607777 dot 41398 dot 9f2f0aba-bf05-49f5-b9fa-b817db8b36f3 dot open-xchange at email dot 1und1 dot de> <1373ed8b-48db-94ab-e22e-6411455fd78f at cornell dot edu> <1975626513 dot 63026 dot b0d175a7-a53a-4469-a063-59d4b4ead4e3 dot open-xchange at email dot 1und1 dot de>
[Please don't top-post.]
On 4/29/2016 11:28 AM, Tobias Zawada wrote:
updmap: Directory "/var/lib/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/updmap" isn't writable: at
/usr/bin/updmap line 1426.
So this appears to be a permissions problem rather than a TeX Live problem.
2016/04/29 09:16:17 can't run /etc/postinstall/texlive-collection-basic.sh: No
I don't know why this would happen. Does the file exist? If not, is
there a message in setup.log.full indicating that the file couldn't be
I do not know wether this is helpful, but:
icacls 'c:/cygwin64/var/lib/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/updmap' '/save'
gives the following output:
It doesn't mean anything to me. You might have to wait until Corinna
gets back from vacation, unless someone else here can help you sort out
the permissions problems.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple