Re: cmp missing from base

On 05/09/2016 12:29 PM, Warren Young wrote:
>>> I think the diffutils package should be part of the base installation.

Based on just the start of the thread, I was already considering adding
diffutils to Base the next time I package it...

> 3. We can also exclude all libraries.  Discussions of which libraries the Base packages should depend on are wholly separate from this one.  For example, RHELâs coreutil depends on gmp, while Cygwinâs does not, but this does not tell us that Cygwinâs coreutils should be rebuilt to depend on gmp.

Umm, the cygwin build of coreutils DOES depend on gmp, unless I made a
mistake packaging it.  [/me goes and checks...] Yep - libgmp10 is in the
coreutils 'requires:' setup.hint.

> After applying all of those rules, the only packages in RHEL 7 Minimal that arenât in RHEL Base are diffutils and openssh-client, both of which Iâd be happy to see in Cygwin Base.

...But you've added even more good justification for me to do so.  All
right, sounds like something I should do when I next have the chance.