This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Is there a partitioning toll and file system tool in cygwin?
- From: Peder Sverdrup <psverdrup at yahoo dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 14:16:40 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Is there a partitioning toll and file system tool in cygwin?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <158047847 dot 671826 dot 1463062600325 dot JavaMail dot yahoo dot ref at mail dot yahoo dot com>
- Reply-to: Peder Sverdrup <psverdrup at yahoo dot com>
I run cygwin on Win10 64-bit. I would like to format an external harddrive with ext3. (And then do a backup of my windows file with my rsync script to the external harddrive.)
Problem I have is that I do not find any partitioning or file system tool in cygwin. For instance - I can not find fdisk. Ant not parted.
Can anybody help?
I have also tried to compile fdisk from source - is there a tutorial as to how to compile from source?
Kind regards from a newbie, Peder
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple