Re: tar incremental backups and ctimeâ problem

On 23/05/2016 10:54, x y wrote:
Hi Marco,

Thanks for your reply. The problem is that there are a lot of files to
be checked so replacing ctime by time to support tar incremental
backup should be more practical.

Bottom post on this mailing list, please.

It is not clear to me your expectation:
- are you asking how to use ctime to select the file with tar alone ?
  It is not possible for my understanding of the manual.

- Are you asking the package maintainer to change the behaviour of
  cygwin tar ? Unlikely to happen, but I leave to him.

Regards
Marco