This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
ulimit system wide
- From: Mario Barcala <barcala at nlpgo dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 10:32:02 +0200
- Subject: ulimit system wide
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Duplicity does not work inside cygwin default installation because it
needs more or equal than 1024 into max open files. If we run ulimit
-n, we get 256. If we run ulimit -n 1024, and then ulimit -n, we get
1024, and this way duplicity works fine from terminal.
But we want to launch duplicity from crontab and we don't know how to
change ulimit system wide to avoid duplicity failing from crontab.
Any hint about how to solve this problem?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple