This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Installer of Cygwin 64 seems to freeze when executing /etc/postinstall/xlaunch.sh - version 2.874
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Jean-Paul Bouchet <jean-paul dot bouchet at avignon dot inra dot fr>
- Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 14:21:55 +0100
- Subject: Re: Installer of Cygwin 64 seems to freeze when executing /etc/postinstall/xlaunch.sh - version 2.874
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <574DBD95 dot 1060202 at avignon dot inra dot fr>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 31/05/2016 17:36, Jean-Paul Bouchet wrote:
I try to install cygwin 64 on a windows 7 PC in order to let users open
an X11 session via xlaunch on a linux server (gdm3).
I have selected only 3 components of X11 to complete the default
selection : xinit, xlaunch and Xorg server.
The installer seems to freeze when it executes /etc/postinstall/xlaunch.sh.
Information about the progression of the installation is blocked during
several minutes with 99% Cygwin - Setup
If I don't cancel the installation, it seems to finish correctly.
17:36:33 running: C:\cygwin64\bin\bash.exe --norc --noprofile
17:55:47 Changing gid to Administrators
Ending cygwin install
Is it a normal behaviour ?
Thanks for reporting this problem.
No, this is not normal or expected.
Perhaps you could manually run the postinstall script with 'sh -x
/etc/postinstall/xlaunch.sh.done' to see where it is getting stuck?
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple