This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ulimit system wide
- From: Mario Barcala <barcala at nlpgo dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 18:37:07 +0200
- Subject: Re: ulimit system wide
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160602083202 dot GB22966 at nlpgo dot com> <20160602105657 dot GA12448 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
We have solved it developing two bash scripts: the first one set
ulimit and calls the second one which includes the duplicity call. I think
ulimit command must be included in a parent bash process.
Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jun 2 10:32, Mario Barcala wrote:
> > Hi all:
> > Duplicity does not work inside cygwin default installation because it
> > needs more or equal than 1024 into max open files. If we run ulimit
> > -n, we get 256. If we run ulimit -n 1024, and then ulimit -n, we get
> > 1024, and this way duplicity works fine from terminal.
> > But we want to launch duplicity from crontab and we don't know how to
> > change ulimit system wide to avoid duplicity failing from crontab.
> > Any hint about how to solve this problem?
> The ulimit value is more or less faked. There's no systemwide limit at
> all. What about a script which sets the limit to 1024 prior to calling
> Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
> Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
> Red Hat
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple