Windows shortcut "bash -c" the only way? Naturally it ignores profile and hence locale

Hello Cygwin.

I struggle in creating a Windows shortcut that launches a command and
initializes the environment the way that the Cygwin64 Terminal

C:\cygwin64\bin\mintty.exe /bin/bash -l -c "set ssh -t
screen -r -d weechat"

I am aware that "bash -c" behaves much differently and does source
$HOME shell customizations /etc/profile, .bash_profile, .profile -

I thought "-l" login shell was the solution.

I tried sourcing /etc/profile; .bash_profile and .profile but this
doesn't make fix anything.
C:\cygwin64\bin\mintty.exe /bin/bash -l -c "source /etc/profile; set
ssh -t screen -r -d weechat"

The issue is that LANG is not properly set and even if I set it
manually before entering SSH with a "LANG=en_US.UTF-8" (where I know
my host has the locales properly set).

Why would we have to run "bash -c" on shortcuts ? Isn't sending a
command to mintty.exe supported or is the culprit cygwin?

Best Regards/Venlig Hilsen
Christoffer Aasted