This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
HDF5 missing as dependency for netcdf package
- From: Nathan Wendt <nawendt84 at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 20:08:29 -0500
- Subject: HDF5 missing as dependency for netcdf package
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Recently I installed the netcdf package that contains the netcdf
utilities like ncdump. However, trying to run ncdump would produce the
ncdump.exe: error while loading shared libraries: ?: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory
With no indication of the missing library, it was hard to figure out
what was missing. When I accidentally tried to run ncdump in the
Windows command prompt I received an error message that said
cyghdf5_hl-10.dll was missing. After installing the Cygwin hdf5
package ncdump worked normally.
My suggestion would be to add the hdf5 package as a dependency for netcdf.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple