This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: HDF5 missing as dependency for netcdf package
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 15:37:27 +0200
- Subject: Re: HDF5 missing as dependency for netcdf package
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAB3F6BwqFmZRkcGNFqps2ym0TrQ4_j5iAK-c3HpU7eCDfsvCdg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 03/06/2016 03:08, Nathan Wendt wrote:
Recently I installed the netcdf package that contains the netcdf
utilities like ncdump. However, trying to run ncdump would produce the
ncdump.exe: error while loading shared libraries: ?: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory
With no indication of the missing library, it was hard to figure out
what was missing. When I accidentally tried to run ncdump in the
Windows command prompt I received an error message that said
cyghdf5_hl-10.dll was missing. After installing the Cygwin hdf5
package ncdump worked normally.
My suggestion would be to add the hdf5 package as a dependency for netcdf.
My fault. I split libhdf5 in multiple packages as upstream
is bumping api without much logic
and I failed to note that
libnetcdf11 requires now both libhdf5_10 and libhdf5hl_10.
The correction is on the way
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple