This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Installer of Cygwin 64 seems to freeze when executing /etc/postinstall/xlaunch.sh - version 2.874
- From: Jean-Paul Bouchet <jean-paul dot bouchet at avignon dot inra dot fr>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 17:26:25 +0200
- Subject: Re: Installer of Cygwin 64 seems to freeze when executing /etc/postinstall/xlaunch.sh - version 2.874
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <574DBD95 dot 1060202 at avignon dot inra dot fr> <b757f2c6-8492-a7b9-7388-9bfcaa8a0b10 at dronecode dot org dot uk> <57505D42 dot 9000908 at avignon dot inra dot fr> <77a45ea2-150d-ec6d-7e29-dd2a94be8a97 at dronecode dot org dot uk>
May be is the value of PATH the problem?
When I launch, by a double click on the bash.exe file, a cygwin bash
shell (C:\cygwin64\bin\bash.exe) and I display $PATH, I don't find any
cygwin directory in the list, but a list of windows directories:
So, when I execute in the cygwin bash shell the command '/bin/sh -x
/etc/postinstall/xlaunch.sh.done', I get the same errors than those I
get when I execute 'C:\cygwin64\bin\sh -x
/etc/postinstall/xlaunch.sh.done' in the windows command interpreter:
the command 'uname' is unknown.
If I change the value of PATH with PATH=/cygdrive/c/cygwin64/bin:$PATH
and export PATH, the execution of 'sh -x
/etc/postinstall/xlaunch.sh.done' don't give any errors.
What is the value of PATH when the installation executes the set of
postinstall scripts ?
On 03/06/2016 14:41, Jon Turney wrote:
On 02/06/2016 17:22, Jean-Paul Bouchet wrote:
Please find attached the script /etc/postinstall/xlaunch.sh and the
output of its execution (file postinstall_xlaunch.txt).
I guess this doesn't reproduce the problem (freezing), as this is just
what I would expect to see when running the script without the PATH set?
Perhaps you could try again from a cygwin bash shell?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple