This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Download without installing
- From: Dani Moncayo <dmoncayo at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 09:39:35 +0200
- Subject: Download without installing
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I've observed for several weeks something strange, and I'd like to ask
here if it's a bug or my misunderstanding.
I've just tried this:
1. Run setup.exe version 2.874 (32 bit).
2. Select the option "Download Without Installing", to download a
basic (default) repository to an empty local directory.
3. I see a "Resolving Dependencies" window, showing extra packages
that supposedly will be intalled to satisfly some dependencies. I
accept the default settings.
Well, after the setup program is done downloading all the packages to
my new local repo, I repeat the above process, to verify that this
second time there is no need to download anything. But to my
surprise, in the "Select Packages" stage, if I select the "Pending"
view, I see again the same list of packages of the first time, and
when I click "next", I see the same "Resolving Dependencies" window
with the same extra packages. Finally, when I click "next", no
dowloading takes place this time.
This seems to me like a bug in the installer. I think that the
"Pending" view should be empty the second time I ran the installer
(and of course no "extra dependencies" should be advertised to
Thanks in advance for your help.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple