This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: git 2.8.3 spurious output
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2016 18:45:37 +0200
- Subject: Re: git 2.8.3 spurious output
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <087DA9770269374FB58D517AC05CCA3F0174977EA8 at mbx04 dot nvlsi dot no>
Cufi, Carles writes:
>> In general, however, it seems to me that you're asking for trouble by
>> having MinGW binaries in your path while working in Cygwin.
> Yep, I want to do that but the problem is that Cygwin inherits the
> global PATH from Windows and MinGW is present there. I guess I could
> somehow remove it from the path with a script in my .bashrc when bash
You quite likely don't want MinGW generally in PATH on Windows either.
But you can already skip the Windows PATH altogether for Cygwin by
defining CYGWIN_NOWINPATH in the Windows environment for all POSIX
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple