Re: Package Install Date

Joel Breazeale writes:
> My goal is to build a list of all the installed packages in
> chronological order.  With such a list I can see which package were
> installed beyond the initial set.  The reason for this is to be able
> to tell a colleague what to install to get their Cygwin configured
> like mine so they can use tools I've created.

The easier way of doing that is using the list of packages you have in
/etc/setup/installed.db.  You can even copy that over to another machine
of the same architecture, merge it with the local installed.db by
setting the package version of any package missing in the local
installed.db to 0.0-0 and just fire up setup and it will install all the
missing packages (plus update the ones already there if necessary).

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: