This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: stty icrnl
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 00:07:43 +0200
- Subject: Re: stty icrnl
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <loom dot 20160606T135902-517 at post dot gmane dot org> <loom dot 20160608T020226-915 at post dot gmane dot org> <871t48nsqd dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <1079024620 dot 20160608180433 at yandex dot ru> <C770C2B2-4069-47EA-8BA5-466ED62A9700 at etr-usa dot com>
Warren Young writes:
> Unfortunately, it is a GUI program, which seems to go against the OPâs actual wish, which is for a command line program.
Right. Plus it doesn't have the translation capabilities that I needed
in this particular case.
> If the OP can stand a curses terminal program (as opposed to a purely
> bytestream oriented program like cu or direct /dev/tty* access) then
> Iâd suggest minicom.
I've used minicom on Linux for similar hardware. It also doesn't have
the translation capabilities needed since usually the IOCTL layer does
it, which remains unimplemented in Cygwin for serial lines. Meanwhile,
I might need to write a proper wrapper for fully utilizing that hardware
anyway since I want to automate a few things and then have to keep an
eye on how much characters I've queued up and wait for echo in some
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple