This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Notmuch mail indexer - talloc requirement?
- From: Jack Ostroff <ostroffjh at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 18:55:48 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Notmuch mail indexer - talloc requirement?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1426723949 dot 184450 dot 242289365 dot 2B23F3DB at webmail dot messagingengine dot com> <20150319083606 dot GB8398 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <1426776809 dot 489317 dot 242555749 dot 100E8685 at webmail dot messagingengine dot com>
<joefromct <at> fastmail.com> writes:
> On Thu, Mar 19, 2015, at 04:36 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > On Mar 18 20:12, Joe Rochette wrote:
> > >
> > > Any ideas on what might be the issue? Is anyone running notmuch (or
> > > talloc) for anything out there?
> > Looks like a simple path problem in Makefile. It just can't find
> > the lib when linking.
> > Corinna
> Ok, thanks for the hint. Any idea on how i should go about correcting
> this? I have no idea where -ltalloc should be... but i'm assuming i can
> link it with ld before the make?
I realize this is a bit over a year old, but I'm in exactly the same
situation. I was able to complete the talloc compile and install by going
into the bin/defaults directory and linking cygtalloc_2.dll to both
talloc.dll and cygtalloc.dll, and the same for cygpytalloc-util-2.dll.
However, even then, when doing ./configure on notmuch I still get errors:
/usr/include/xapian/version.h:28:2: error: #error The C++ ABI version of
compiler you are using does not match
/usr/include/xapian/version.h:31:2: error: #error The Xapian library was
built with g++ 4.8.3
My current g++ is 5.3.0. At some point, I'll try recompiling Xapian myself,
but I wonder whether this hasn't caused problems for anyone else.
(I'm posting from gmane because I don't still have this message, although I
am subscribed to the list.)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple