This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Notmuch mail indexer - talloc requirement?
- From: Jack Ostroff <ostroffjh at frontier dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 22:27:17 -0400
- Subject: Re: Notmuch mail indexer - talloc requirement?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1426723949 dot 184450 dot 242289365 dot 2B23F3DB at webmail dot messagingengine dot com> <20150319083606 dot GB8398 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <1426776809 dot 489317 dot 242555749 dot 100E8685 at webmail dot messagingengine dot com> <loom dot 20160611T204130-783 at post dot gmane dot org> <7e7ae7e7-7729-c053-6866-e17c669c9bf5 at tiscali dot co dot uk>
On 6/11/2016 7:01 PM, David Stacey wrote:
Oddly, no. With that line, I get "Unrecognized option: CXXFLAGS=-g -O2
-D_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=0". Passing it as an environment variable
seems to have no effect. (I thought I had recompiled xapian, which I
thought would have used the new ABI, but even that didn't seem to make
On 11/06/16 19:55, Jack Ostroff wrote:
I was able to complete the talloc compile and install by going
into the bin/defaults directory and linking cygtalloc_2.dll to both
talloc.dll and cygtalloc.dll, and the same for cygpytalloc-util-2.dll.
However, even then, when doing ./configure on notmuch I still get errors:
/usr/include/xapian/version.h:28:2: error: #error The C++ ABI version of
compiler you are using does not match
/usr/include/xapian/version.h:31:2: error: #error The Xapian library was
built with g++ 4.8.3
My current g++ is 5.3.0.
Does this help?
./configure CXXFLAGS="-g -O2 -D_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=0"
It should force the compiler to use to older ABI.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple