This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: git 2.8.3: git stash: Cannot save the current index state
- From: Adam Dinwoodie <adam at dinwoodie dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 10:43:22 +0100
- Subject: Re: git 2.8.3: git stash: Cannot save the current index state
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <8527fa56-c0a9-be0c-255e-ef71b1d1a9ac at gmail dot com>
On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 01:59:42PM +0800, lnishan wrote:
> It appears that git stash has been broken for a while (since 2.8.1,
> maybe earlier).
> Steps to reproduce:
> 1. mkdir test; cd test
> 2. git init
> 3. touch testfile
> 4. git add . ; git commit -m "First commit"
> 5. echo "123" > testfile
> 6. git stash
> => Cannot save the current index state
Works just fine for me with v2.8.3, so there's clearly something
different about your environment.
Can you please include the diagnostics specified at:
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
It might also be useful to have a copy of your ~/.gitconfig file, if you
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple