This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: xdvipdfmx:fatal: This font using the "seac" command for accented characters...
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 10:31:15 -0400
- Subject: Re: xdvipdfmx:fatal: This font using the "seac" command for accented characters...
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1465820332 dot 127780 dot ezmlm at cygwin dot com> <cd2b8df2-9aa7-9e68-25ae-7d8da5119efe at gmx dot de>
On 6/13/2016 9:28 AM, Mark McGregor wrote:
---- Ken wrote:
Would this solution affect the compilation processes of lualatex
(which does compile the file in question) or pdflatex?
No. lualatex and pdftex don't use fontconfig.
By the way, I've filed a bug report about this problem:
Ken, thank you!
(You might probably have more experience with XeTeX than me. Is XeTeX
dying? The last bugfix was in March, months ago, and apart from A.R.
nobody seems to work on it anyway...)
No, I don't think XeTeX is dying. A look at its git repository shows
lots of commits from Jonathan Kew and Arthur Reutenauer in the last few
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple