This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Notmuch mail indexer - talloc requirement?
- From: Jack <ostroffjh at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 12:14:03 -0400
- Subject: Re: Notmuch mail indexer - talloc requirement?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1426723949 dot 184450 dot 242289365 dot 2B23F3DB at webmail dot messagingengine dot com> <20150319083606 dot GB8398 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <1426776809 dot 489317 dot 242555749 dot 100E8685 at webmail dot messagingengine dot com> <loom dot 20160611T204130-783 at post dot gmane dot org> <loom dot 20160614T103928-331 at post dot gmane dot org>
On 2016.06.14 04:44, Corne Plas wrote:
Jack Ostroff <ostroffjh <at> users.sourceforge.net> writes:
I realize this is a bit over a year old, but I'm in exactly the same
situation. I was able to complete the talloc compile and install by
going into the bin/defaults directory and linking cygtalloc_2.dll to
both talloc.dll and cygtalloc.dll, and the same for
What exactly did you do by 'going into the bin/defaults directory and
linking cygtalloc_2.dll to both talloc.dll and cygtalloc.dll, and the
same for cygpytalloc-util-2.dll'? I'll still trying to 'make' talloc,
but still get the error 'cannot find -ltalloc'.
Starting from the main directory where the the tarball has been
expanded, "cd bin/defaults" then "ln -s cygtalloc_2.dll talloc.dll" and
"ln -s cygtalloc_2.dll cygtalloc.dll" and the equivalent two for the
other dll. I did this from a cygwin shell in mintty. (I don't have
that laptop booted up right now, so this is from memory. My desktop is
Linux, so I can't confirm from here.)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple