This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fork and Windows Heap
- From: Bill Zissimopoulos <billziss at navimatics dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 18:11:51 +0000
- Subject: Re: Fork and Windows Heap
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp dot mailfrom=billziss at navimatics dot com;
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
> You are correct. Cygwin fork only clones the datastructures explicitely
> set up by Cygwin and stuff allocated using Cygwin's POSIX API.
> You can't simply clone a Windows heap for various reasons...
Thank you for your detailed response and explanation.