This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] mesa 11.0.9-2 [GOLDSTAR]
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 13:58:27 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] mesa 11.0.9-2 [GOLDSTAR]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 201602220900 dot u1M90xBM023169 at int-mx11 dot intmail dot prod dot int dot phx2 dot redhat dot com> <570D122B dot 50307 at gmail dot com> <570DAFFA dot 7020700 at cygwin dot com> <b8ee7d32-504d-27d8-51ab-547ea7a51968 at dronecode dot org dot uk> <4311402a-fb7d-c68a-9cb3-954161a37e58 at dronecode dot org dot uk> <dc6a9435-58ca-36fd-8fa6-4f9da0b49b81 at cygwin dot com> <755f21b3-98aa-9283-0054-369bdb1657a0 at dronecode dot org dot uk> <e9bd250e-783d-0ce0-f1ee-e9614e5d8c17 at cygwin dot com>
On 09/06/2016 23:01, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
On 6/6/2016 9:27 AM, Jon Turney wrote:
That sounds exactly like what I see with llvm svn r251761  backported
to 3.7.1 (without which we use the x86_64 loader on x86, rather than
reporting an error, due to an interesting use of __builtin_undefined,
with hilarious consequences)
I guess the output of the JIT code is ending up the wrong place as well,
For the record, Jon seems to have tracked this down, and his fix is in
llvm-3.7.1-2. I can only imagine what "fun" he had debugging this,
particularly on the address-starved 32-bit platform.
There's a few more details in the llvm bug I raised .
This is now fixed in llvm master, but will need patching in llvm 3.8, if
that is packaged.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple