This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cmake on cygwin64 fails with error "C compiler "/usr/bin/cc" is not able to compile a simple test program"
- From: Tony Kelman <tony at kelman dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 12:19:21 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Cmake on cygwin64 fails with error "C compiler "/usr/bin/cc" is not able to compile a simple test program"
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <ee151bc17b85475c885fb8dd1bfef9da at sraex01sc dot sisa dot samsung dot com>
Frank Brill <f.brill <at> samsung.com> writes:
> I am having trouble building an open source project using cmake under
Cygwin64 with the latest tools
> (setup-x86_64.exe version 2.874).
> I was able to successfully build the project with 32-bit Cygwin with the
latest tools: gcc 5.4.0, gnu make
> 4.2.1, and cmake 3.3.2.
I'm at a conference this week so really busy, but it sounds like I may
need to update cmake to the latest version (which is overdue anyway)
if something in the latest gcc is unhappy. Can you provide full
reproduction steps, a source repo or tarball to download? Also looking
into (and posting) the full content of the cmake error/output log files
might provide more information about what the problem is.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple