Re: Piping on 64-bit Cygwin, STC found

On Jun 21, 2016, at 3:57 PM, Warren Young <wyml@etr-usa.com> wrote:

> Hereâs what a simple test case looks like:
>
>  $ dd if=/dev/urandom bs=4k count=4m |
>    gpg -c --force-mdc |
>    gpg -d > /dev/null

I seem to have stumbled upon the actual STC.  Just increase those values, launch two MinTTY terminals, and try to use Cygwin in the second while the GPG pipeline is running.  All will be well for a while, but eventually the second window will start to behave strangely.

I used 64k and 64M (capitalization is important to dd), and the failure I observed is that âmanâ commands wouldnât always return you to the shell properly after exiting from the piped-to less process.

Some kind of memory leak, perhaps?