Re: Piping on 64-bit Cygwin, STC found

On Jun 21, 2016, at 4:40 PM, Warren Young <wyml@etr-usa.com> wrote:

> On Jun 21, 2016, at 3:57 PM, Warren Young <wyml@etr-usa.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hereâs what a simple test case looks like:
>>
>> $ dd if=/dev/urandom bs=4k count=4m |
>>   gpg -c --force-mdc |
>>   gpg -d > /dev/null
>
> I seem to have stumbled upon the actual STC.

Hereâs a screen shot of the error the second MinTTY gives on trying to exit:

  https://imgur.com/5RLi4ie

The âman bashâ is the command I tried to give, and the âviâ command never executed, even after closing the first MinTTY window.  The defunct âlessâ process is of course a child of the âmanâ process.

> Just increase those values...I used 64k and 64M

To be clear, I mean bs=64k count=64M, for 4 TiB of transfer.  This ran for about half an hour before it started causing problems in the other MinTTY window here.  I didnât write down the amount transferred at that time, unfortunately, though dd did report it.  Almost certainly many times more than available RAM at any rate.