This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Piping on 64-bit Cygwin, STC found
- From: <lloyd dot wood at yahoo dot co dot uk>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 11:46:31 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Piping on 64-bit Cygwin, STC found
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <707580695 dot 12657516 dot 1466595991066 dot JavaMail dot yahoo dot ref at mail dot yahoo dot com>
- Reply-to: <lloyd dot wood at yahoo dot co dot uk>
> I seem to have stumbled upon the actual STC.
That is not the STC for SaVi and Geomview under 64-bit Cygwin.
The problem for SaVi and Geomview is in INITIALISING any
piping, as previously described. They simply cannot communicate
at all under 64-bit Cygwin, while they can under 32-bit Cygwin.
You appear to have demonstrated that Cygwin piping fails
when used heavily. Unfortunately, that is not news, and
has always been so...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple