This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: wget 1.17.x creates odd permissions on downloaded files
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 13:21:32 +0300
- Subject: Re: wget 1.17.x creates odd permissions on downloaded files
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: smtp1o.mail.yandex.net; dkim=pass header dot i= at yandex dot ru
- References: <20160622184015 dot GA73575 at quantum dot stat dot colostate dot edu> <1C7B9046-3261-4D73-8A92-7F46B86E5A0F at etr-usa dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Warren Young!
>> 2) Examining the permissions on putty.exe, the first thing that
>> comes up is an error that reads:
>> "The permissions on putty.exe are incorrectly ordered, which may
>> cause some entries to be ineffective.â
> Thatâs Explorer saying that, not Cygwin, right? Let Explorer fix it.
Do NOT do that. It'll screw Cygwin permission handling.
With best regards,
Thursday, June 23, 2016 13:21:00
Sorry for my terrible english...