This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin library now available under GNU LGPL
- From: Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 09:48:44 -0600
- Subject: Re: Cygwin library now available under GNU LGPL
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160623121845 dot GG15373 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On Jun 23, 2016, at 6:18 AM, Corinna Vinschen <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> From 2.5.2 onwards, the Cygwin DLL is now available under the GNU LGPL v3, rather
> than the former GPLv3.
I have mixed feelings about this.
On the one hand, it means we get the same freedoms when deploying GCC-compiled software on Windows as on Linux, which feels inherently correct.
On the other hand, I hope this means you get to remain employed.
Was this change in reaction to the âBash on Windowsâ announcement?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple