This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: POSIX permission mapping and NULL SIDs
- From: Brian Inglis <Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2016 06:21:14 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: POSIX permission mapping and NULL SIDs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <D392BA70 dot 95D4%billziss at navimatics dot com> <20160624195144 dot GB27089 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <D392F074 dot 962E%billziss at navimatics dot com> <20160624215948 dot GD27089 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
> On Jun 24 21:37, Bill Zissimopoulos wrote:
>> On 6/24/16, 12:51 PM, "Corinna Vinschen" <cygwin-owner <at> cygwin.com on
>> behalf of corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> wrote:
>> I am inclined to try S-1-5-7 (Anonymous). But I do not know if that is a
>> bad choice for some reason or other.
> I thought about Anonymous myself when I wrote my reply to your OP. I
> refrained from mentioning it because it might have some unexpected side
> effect we're not aware about.
indicates it is used for some MS RPC SMB named pipe services on IPC$ share
such as lsarpc, samr, browser and for XP and backward compatibility.
Document has embedded refs and biblio at end.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple