This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fwd: Missing utf8.h
- From: Csaba Raduly <rcsaba at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin list <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2016 14:37:18 +0200
- Subject: Re: Fwd: Missing utf8.h
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAMc4jNWuiS27sUGG+KAWixBuzkh5xUvx=EMJ8EmbM4k1scR7A at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAAMc4jOMw98wBHwo3aDFC9bBz9OcES-=YqPZpmEc-oipZs5G2g at mail dot gmail dot com> <b216dfd2-001a-0e64-2c0f-50cbd62441fd at cornell dot edu> <43b5e31d-9536-c388-944f-bb717ee40a77 at gmail dot com> <CAAMc4jPSAS9_orm15YRO94=3ooXeG1sWfzq-NDRGhsoCAAk6BA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 5:42 PM, Jim Van Sciver wrote:
> Thank you Ken and Marco. My mistake was in thinking utf8.h was a
> system include file that I had not yet installed. It was actually
> part of the third party package. My bad. Your advice did lead me to
> the problem.
> More than you want to know but the reason why the include file was not
> being found was because the package Makefile uses uname command output
> to set -I paths. The uname output was checked for the strings Linux
> and Darwin but there was no check for CYGWIN_NT-6.1 nor an error if
> the two expected values were not found. Poor Makefile scripting.
Don't forget to complain to the maintainers of that third-party package :)
GCS a+ e++ d- C++ ULS$ L+$ !E- W++ P+++$ w++$ tv+ b++ DI D++ 5++
The Tao of math: The numbers you can count are not the real numbers.
Life is complex, with real and imaginary parts.
"Ok, it boots. Which means it must be bug-free and perfect. " -- Linus Torvalds
"People disagree with me. I just ignore them." -- Linus Torvalds
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple