This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Syntax for sed .. altered?
- From: Fergus Daly <fergusd at frontier-science dot co dot uk>
- To: "'cygwin at cygwin dot com'" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 11:45:28 +0000
- Subject: Syntax for sed .. altered?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
For ages I have been able to run through all the files under a directory changing occurrences of string1 to string2 with the command
find dirname -type f | xargs sed -i 's/string1/string2/g'
It used to take no time at all for say 6000 files.
Now the same command just hangs.
The files are all text files, no binaries or anything awkward. Just don't understand it.
find dirname -type f | xargs md5sum
still works just fine. 6000 files in less than a second.)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple