This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: SSH Home Directory
- From: Mark Hansen <meh at winfirst dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 06:58:09 -0700
- Subject: Re: SSH Home Directory
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAGHJv4dRtUm=gz=oMgttxR9+QYM_rm_NEbQFnyY30x=GL+VwDw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 6/28/2016 6:38 AM, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
I have my $HOME path setup as /cygdrive/c/Users (using Windows 7)
however ssh doesn't seem to honour that. When I fire up ssh, I get:
Could not create directory '/home/csutclif/.ssh'.
Why is it defaulting to /home? Is there a way to configure ssh to
point to the $HOME path? I have a .ssh directory with my private key
You need to configure your home directory using the db_home setting in /etc/nsswitch.conf.
See the following section in the Cygwin User's Guide:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple