This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: SSH Home Directory
- From: Chris Sutcliffe <ir0nh34d at gmail dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 10:10:15 -0400
- Subject: Re: SSH Home Directory
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAGHJv4dRtUm=gz=oMgttxR9+QYM_rm_NEbQFnyY30x=GL+VwDw at mail dot gmail dot com> <3092e361-480b-8304-475a-f1d36d38efcf at winfirst dot com>
On 28 June 2016 at 09:58, Mark Hansen wrote:
> On 6/28/2016 6:38 AM, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
>> I have my $HOME path setup as /cygdrive/c/Users (using Windows 7)
>> however ssh doesn't seem to honour that. When I fire up ssh, I get:
>> Could not create directory '/home/csutclif/.ssh'.
>> Why is it defaulting to /home? Is there a way to configure ssh to
>> point to the $HOME path? I have a .ssh directory with my private key
>> in /cygdrive/c/Users/csutlif.
> You need to configure your home directory using the db_home setting in
> See the following section in the Cygwin User's Guide:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple