This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: SSH Home Directory
- From: Chris Sutcliffe <ir0nh34d at gmail dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 10:12:02 -0400
- Subject: Re: SSH Home Directory
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAGHJv4dRtUm=gz=oMgttxR9+QYM_rm_NEbQFnyY30x=GL+VwDw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20160628140615 dot GF23625 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 28 June 2016 at 10:06, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jun 28 09:38, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
>> I have my $HOME path setup as /cygdrive/c/Users (using Windows 7)
>> however ssh doesn't seem to honour that. When I fire up ssh, I get:
>> Could not create directory '/home/csutclif/.ssh'.
> OpenSSH never honors $HOME. It checks explicitely for your home dir
> setting in the user DB. See https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html
> for various methods setting your home dir.
I guess that's what I get being a long time Cygwin user who hasn't
read recent documentation. :)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple