This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: rebaseall ate my homework (Windows 10 install, that is)?
- From: ht at inf dot ed dot ac dot uk (Henry S. Thompson)
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 00:17:24 +0100
- Subject: Re: rebaseall ate my homework (Windows 10 install, that is)?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <f5bwpl9kn4h dot fsf at troutbeck dot inf dot ed dot ac dot uk> <f5boa6lkms8 dot fsf at troutbeck dot inf dot ed dot ac dot uk> <708ECB06-BE99-437B-9485-60AE5315EEBE at etr-usa dot com>
Warren Young writes:
> On Jun 28, 2016, at 3:48 PM, Henry S. Thompson <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> I'm now pretty sure (it's happened 3 times since Thursday) that some
>> aspect of postinstall (2.5.1 or 2.5.2) has broken my Windows 10 64bit
> Quoting from your setup.log.full:
>> The following DLLs couldn't be rebased because they were in use:
> âetc. I may well be misunderstanding something, but I donât believe rebase has any call to touch such things. It should only be looking at files under Cygwinâs own /usr, as far as Iâm aware.
> Do you have paths such as these in /var/cache/rebase/rebase_lst ?
No, I just checked.
>> Anyone else had a bad experience lately?
> My Windows 10 test VM here was updated to 2.5.2 not long after Cygwin
> 2.5.2 was first released. Nothing seemed to be damaged afterward.
Thanks for the additional info.
Henry S. Thompson, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh
10 Crichton Street, Edinburgh EH8 9AB, SCOTLAND -- (44) 131 650-4440
Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: email@example.com
[mail from me _always_ has a .sig like this -- mail without it is forged spam]
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple