This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: rebaseall ate my homework (Windows 10 install, that is)?
- From: ht at inf dot ed dot ac dot uk (Henry S. Thompson)
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 10:55:25 +0100
- Subject: Re: rebaseall ate my homework (Windows 10 install, that is)?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <f5bwpl9kn4h dot fsf at troutbeck dot inf dot ed dot ac dot uk> <f5boa6lkms8 dot fsf at troutbeck dot inf dot ed dot ac dot uk> <loom dot 20160629T082053-760 at post dot gmane dot org> <f5bfurwl7kz dot fsf at troutbeck dot inf dot ed dot ac dot uk> <loom dot 20160629T103633-366 at post dot gmane dot org> <f5bbn2kl5ac dot fsf at troutbeck dot inf dot ed dot ac dot uk> <loom dot 20160629T113437-71 at post dot gmane dot org>
Achim Gratz writes:
> Henry S. Thompson <ht <at> inf.ed.ac.uk> writes:
>> Not sure how to execute "[recovery] by doing a full rebase" -- I tried a
>> vanilla rebaseall, but that doesn't seem to have flushed the database,
>> although the date on it did change. . .
> rebase-trigger fullrebase
> The full rebase will be done the next time setup runs autorebase.
Right, that ran OK, and no mention of system32 in logs or new rebase.db
But I guess I now have to do one last reinstall of Windows, in order to
repair all the dlls that I trashed by mistake.
Thanks again _very_ much for your help.
Henry S. Thompson, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh
10 Crichton Street, Edinburgh EH8 9AB, SCOTLAND -- (44) 131 650-4440
Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: email@example.com
[mail from me _always_ has a .sig like this -- mail without it is forged spam]
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple