This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Errors when compiling gnutls-3.3.17 with gcc-5.4.0
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 08:25:26 -0400
- Subject: Re: Errors when compiling gnutls-3.3.17 with gcc-5.4.0
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <vriv4m8a28lg dot fsf at leila dot volkerzell dot de>
On 6/30/2016 7:56 AM, U-leila\vzell wrote:
I get the following error when trying to recompile gnutls-3.3.17 with
latest gcc-5.4.0, last successful build was for cygwin 2.2.1 with gcc-4.9.2:
Has anything changed in between....have been absent for quite a time now.
In file included from /usr/include/sys/signal.h:112:0,
/usr/include/cygwin/signal.h:175:3: error: unknown type name 'pthread_attr_t'
pthread_attr_t *sigev_notify_attributes; /* notification attributes */
This is a gnulib problem that has already been fixed upstream. See the
thread starting at
So you just have to update the gl subdirectory of the gnutls source. Or
just manually apply the patch from the gnulib fix.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple