Aw: chere not seeing my preferred $HOME

Hi Kenneth,

not sure what you are aiming for here.

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 30. Juni 2016 um 20:18 Uhr
Von: "Nellis, Kenneth" <Kenneth.Nellis@xerox.com>
> how to configure chere so that it runs my
> .bash_profile in my regular Cygwin home:

The purpose of `chere` is, quoting from its help,
to "to right click a folder in Windows Explorer and
open a Cygwin shell *in that folder*."

Your `.bash_profile` should run in whatever directory
it is called from. To refer to a file in your $HOME,
explicitly do so (by prefixing any path with $HOME).

> Hoping I can keep the two domains separate.

What kind of domains do you mean?

> chere> echo $HOME; cygpath -w $HOME
> /cygdrive/c/Users/KNellis
> C:\Users\KNellis

How come you have differing values for $HOME in some contexts?
Do you have two separate Cygwin installs?
Two home directories?
Where does the "chere" prompt stem from?

Regards, Rainer