This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Lengthy "xmlto" build step in Cygwin.
- From: Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2016 12:36:35 -0600
- Subject: Re: Lengthy "xmlto" build step in Cygwin.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <bfbac5abef5b3937edd1f9814c5f4bc8 at mail dot kylheku dot com>
On Jun 30, 2016, at 11:19 AM, Kaz Kylheku <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> It sat for a long time in "book set list ..." with the CPU idle.
That means you have the DocBook tools installed but donât have the DocBook XSL stylesheets installed, so it has to fetch them over the Internet. Those Internet servers are heavily overloaded because of all the *other* users with the same system misconfiguration you have.
Solution: install the docbook-xsl package.
Tip: In the future, you can debug problems like this by adding --nonet to the xsltproc command. That prevents it from trying to download XSL files and such from the Internet, so that if you are missing local copies, it fails fast. IMHO that flag should be the default in the stock Makefiles.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple