This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Anecdotal: Rebase and Visual Studio 2015 and /etc
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2016 10:02:15 -0400
- Subject: Re: Anecdotal: Rebase and Visual Studio 2015 and /etc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <693uFCmXF1392S07 dot 1467203045 at web07 dot cms dot usa dot net> <3334CBDB-BF42-4CDA-83B5-CCA5B251A746 at etr-usa dot com> <98C319EE-D0EF-48CD-85D7-3384DA5051A9 at etr-usa dot com> <44F329F2-C5FE-47D9-BCC5-BF7F9D85F68F at etr-usa dot com>
On 7/1/2016 7:38 PM, Warren Young wrote:
On Jul 1, 2016, at 4:40 PM, Warren Young wrote:
I’ve written a script to do that automatically.
I’ve improved the script so that it no longer requires any parameters. It finds the last-used setup.ini file and extracts the list of currently-installed packages, all on its own.
This script has a couple of problems. First, it doesn't take dependency
loops into account. For example, if package p requires q and q requires
p, then both will be marked as non-root. Second, if the mirror was used
for both an x86 and x86_64 installation, it always uses the x86
setup.ini, regardless of the current architecture.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple