This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
cygstart.exe can't open file:///C:/
- From: Gene Pavlovsky <gene dot pavlovsky at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 02:51:51 +0300
- Subject: cygstart.exe can't open file:///C:/
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
cygstartâs manpage says itâs similar to the Windows command-line start command.
It is indeed able to open http://example.com in the default browser.
However, cygstart file:///C:/ results in an error message:
Unable to start 'C:\cygwin\cï\': The specified file was not found.
The Windows start command opens file:///C:/ links in the default
browser without a hitch.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple