This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygstart.exe can't open file:///C:/
- From: Juan Miguel Navarro MartÃnez <juanmi dot 3000 at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 03:10:38 +0200
- Subject: Re: cygstart.exe can't open file:///C:/
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAPTiy3MdAdrLnLY5C3+Ye48=eyha_+XW=CEdZBJHodvxJjsGrA at mail dot gmail dot com>
Even if it's similar to Windows command-line, you are still in a POSIX
system, and Cygwin use /cygdrive/ for all the drive letters.
So for file:///C:/ you should use file:///cygdrive/c/
On 2016-07-04 at 01:51, Gene Pavlovsky wrote:
> cygstartâs manpage says itâs similar to the Windows command-line start command.
> It is indeed able to open http://example.com in the default browser.
> However, cygstart file:///C:/ results in an error message:
> Unable to start 'C:\cygwin\cï\': The specified file was not found.
> The Windows start command opens file:///C:/ links in the default
> browser without a hitch.
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Juan Miguel Navarro MartÃnez
5A91 90D4 CF27 9D52 D62A
BC58 88E2 947F 9BC6 B3CF
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple