Re: Mintty 2.4.0 and Deja Vu Sans Mono 2.35: issue with bold

On Jul 11, 2016, at 12:52 PM, Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> To see what I'm talking about, look at whatever test page you like which
> includes both bold and non-bold text (I use gnus).

I used vttest:

  http://invisible-island.net/vttest/vttest.html

About halfway through menu option 2, you get this screen:

  https://imgur.com/AvZ0XwS

That’s with the latest version of Deja Vu Sans Mono on 64-bit Windows 10.  Looks fine to me.

Are you sure you have MinTTY configured to display bold with fonts, rather than colors?  Check Options > Text > Show bold as colour.  If that’s checked, it tries to fake bold by changing regular white (more like 75% gray) to bright white (100% white) and so forth.  I’m not sure what it does with displays that are already using the bright colors.