This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Repairing permissions after windows reinstall
- From: Bryan Berns <bryan dot berns at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 22:50:08 -0400
- Subject: Re: Repairing permissions after windows reinstall
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
> In fact I see _two_ raw SIDs when I look at the security tab for any
> directory in the old cygwin tree: one has Full control, and the other
> just Read & execute.
If everyone else's posts don't get you where you want, I have a
recently-written program that can do a search/replace on a SID (or
named account) on an entire directory directory (addresses DACL/SACL
group SID, owner SID). Message me directly if you're interested.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple